Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Novel Suspense


I'm writing my first novel. I would describe the process as Fun, Frenzied and Fearful, not necessarily in that order. 

For the last couple of years I've been writing bits and pieces of a suspense thriller located in a fictional Wyoming town, set in the present day. 

As with most stories I write, there are supernatural elements. In this case, the heroine discovers that her family had been cursed by an evil Medicine woman from Oklahoma many years ago.

This is my first novel and I need all the help I can get, so I'm reading K. M. Weiland's "Outlining Your Novel: Map Your Way to Success." 

It has been helpful in organizing this gargantuan project.

I'm excited doing research on Native American cultures, Wyoming history, and spiritual warfare. Unlike my flash fiction and comedy sketches, this project is not a sprint, it's a marathon. I have to pace myself and get all my horses in a row. It's all about telling a good story, and that's what I hope to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment