Saturday, April 22, 2017

S is for Shift

My theme for the 2017 A to Z Blogging Challenge is The Chronicles of Narnia. These are my favorite stories and they continue to inspire me. 



Shift is an evil Ape who influenced the donkey Puzzle to impersonate Aslan by wearing a lionskin, so Shift could gain control over Narnia. 

"Don't you start getting ideas into your head, Puzzle," said Shift. "Because, you know, thinking isn't your strong point. We'll make this skin into a fine winter coat for you."
"Oh, I don't think I'd like that," said the Donkey. "It would look - I mean, the other beasts might think - that is to say, I shouldn't feel -"
"What are you talking about?" said Shift, scratching himself the wrong way, as Apes do.  
"I don't think it would be respectful to the Great Lion, to Aslan himself, if an ass like me went about dressed up in a lionskin," said Puzzle.
"Now don't stand arguing, please," said Shift. "What does an ass like you know about things of that sort? You know you're no good at thinking, Puzzle, so why don't you let me do your thinking for you?"
- The Last Battle

No comments:

Post a Comment