Saturday, February 24, 2018

A New Perspective on Mondays


While reading the book, "At Home in Mitford" by Jan Karon, I came across a passage that delighted my soul and gave me a new perspective about Mondays:

How could he have considered taking Monday off? Monday was the diving board poised over the rest of the week. One walked over the board, reviewed the situation, planned one's strategy, bounced a few times to get the feel of things, and then made a clean dive. Without Monday, one simply bombed into the water, belly first, and hoped for the best.

What is your favorite day of the week? For me, I have an office job where I work business hours Monday through Friday. I like Thursdays best. I am still engaged in the work for the day but know that very soon the weekend will be here. Unlike Fridays where I am just trying to get through the day so I can start the weekend. As a result, the Friday workday usually passes very slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment