Friday, April 7, 2017

F is for Fledge

My theme for the 2017 A to Z Blogging Challenge is The Chronicles of Narnia. These are my favorite stories and they continue to inspire me. 


Fledge used to be a cab horse in London named Strawberry, but when he was magically transported to Narnia, he became the first flying horse 

"My dear," said Aslan to the Horse, "would you like to be a winged horse?"
You should have seen how the horse shook its mane and how its nostrils widened, and the little tap it gave the ground with one back hoof. Clearly it would very much like to be a winged horse. But it only said:
"If you wish, Aslan - if you really mean - I don't know why it should be me - I'm not a very clever horse.
"Be winged. Be the father of all flying horses," roared Aslan in a voice that shook the ground. "Your name is Fledge."

- "The Magician's Nephew."

2 comments:

  1. Aslan granting his faithful followers the desires of their hearts. How God-like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DA, Oh, yes. "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires." - Psalm 37:4

      Delete