Monday, April 24, 2017

T is for Tirian

My theme for the 2017 A to Z Blogging is The Chronicles of Narnia. These are my favorite stories and they continue to inspire me. 


Tirian, was the last King of Narnia. In those last days, Shift the Ape created a false "Aslan" to deceive the Narnians. Tirian was captured by the Calormenes, who conspired with the Ape against Narnia.


And he called out, "Aslan! Aslan! Aslan! Come and help us Now!...Let me be killed. I ask nothing for myself. But come and save all Narnia....Oh, Aslan, Aslan, if you will not come yourself, at least send me the helpers from beyond the world. Or let me call them. Let my voice carry beyond the world." Then hardly knowing that he was doing it, he suddenly cried out in a great voice:
"Children! Children! Friends of Narnia! Quick. Come to me. Across the worlds I call you; I, Tirian, King of Narnia, Lord of Cair Paravel, and Emperor of the Lone Islands!"
And immediately he was plunged into a dream (if it was a dream) more vivid than any he had had in his life.
- The Last Battle

No comments:

Post a Comment