Friday, April 14, 2017

L is for Lucy

My theme for the 2017 A to Z Blogging Challenge is The Chronicles of Narnia. These are my favorite stories and they continue to inspire me. 


Lucy is the youngest of the four children and the one who first came to Narnia through the magic Wardrobe. 


But here part of the magic of the Book came into play. You couldn't turn back. The right hand pages, the ones ahead, could be turned; the left hand pages could not. 
"Oh, what a shame!" said Lucy. "I did so want to read it again. Well, at least I must remember it. Let's see...it was about...about...oh, dear, it's all fading away again. And even this last page is going blank. This is a very queer book. How can I have forgotten? It was about a cup and a sword and a tree and a green hill, I know that much. But I can't remember and what shall I do?"
And she never could remember; and ever since that day what Lucy means by a good story is a story which reminds her of the forgotten story in the Magician's Book.
- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

No comments:

Post a Comment