Friday, April 21, 2017

R is for Reepicheep

My theme for the 2017 A to Z Blogging Challenge is The Chronicles of Narnia. These are my favorite stories and they continue to inspire me. 


Reepicheep is the Chief Mouse of Narnia, member of the Most Noble Order of the Lion, famed for his courage and skill with a rapier. He fights for Prince Caspian and later travels with him to the end of the world, where he continued onward towards Aslan's Country.

"But do you think," said Lucy, "Aslan's country would be that sort of country - I mean, the sort you could ever sail to?"
"I do not know, Madam," said Reepicheep. "But there is this. When I was in my cradle a wood woman, a Dryad, spoke this verse over me: 
'Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep, 
To find all you seek,
There is the utter East.'
"I do not know what it means, but the spell of it has been on me all my life."
- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader


No comments:

Post a Comment