Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I is for Into the Forest

My theme for the 2017 A to Z Blogging Challenge is The Chronicles of Narnia. These are my favorite books and they continue to inspire me. 



The children entered the wardrobe in the spare room at the Professor's house. The wardrobe was filled with coats, but as they made their way toward the back of the wardrobe, they felt a forest floor beneath their feet and tree branches in their faces. Before they knew what was happening, they came out the back of the wardrobe into another world - Narnia.

And now there was no mistaking it, and all four children stood blinking in the daylight of a winter day. Behind them were coats hanging on pegs, in front of them were snow-covered trees. 
Peter turned at once to Lucy.
"I apologize for not believing you," he said, "I'm sorry. Will you shake hands?"
"Of course," said Lucy, and did.
"And now," said Susan, "what do we do next?"
"Do?" said Peter, "who go and explore the wood, of course."
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

4 comments:

  1. As a kid, closets were my favorite places to hide so this book was magically awesome when I discovered it in my elementary school library. I distinctly remembered having a waiting list for it and being very impatient. :)
    Discarded Darlings - Jean Davis, Speculative Fiction Writer, A to Z: Editing Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, I didn't read it until I was an adult, and loved it so much. These are my favorite stories.

      Delete
  2. i to love narnia and the stories around it. nice to visit it again, if only briefly. thanks for sharing. Lightheaded: Retiring at 8300 feet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, Thanks for stopping by. I'm so blessed to share these wonderful stories on the blog challenge.

      Delete