Tuesday, April 25, 2017

U is for Uncle Andrew

My theme for the 2017 A to Z Blogging Challenge is The Chronicles of Narnia. These are my favorite stories and they continue to inspire me. 


Uncle Andrew is Digory's eccentric Uncle who had created magic rings to travel to Another world. By trickery, he sent Digory and Polly to this Other World.

"Can't you understand that the thing is a great experiment? The whole point of sending anyone to the Other Place is that I want to find out what it's like."
"Well, why didn't you go yourself then?" 
Digory had hardly ever seen anyone look so surprised and offended as his Uncle did at this simple question. "Me? Me?" he exclaimed. "The boy must be mad! A man at my time of life and in my state of health, to risk the shock and the dangers of being flung suddenly into a different universe? I never heard anything so preposterous in my life! Do you realise what you're saying? Think what Another World means - you might meet anything - anything."
"And I suppose you've sent Polly into it then," said Digory. His cheeks were flaming with anger now. "And all I can say," he added, "even if you are my Uncle - is that you've behaved like a coward, sending a girl to a place you're afraid to go to yourself." 
- The Magician's Nephew

No comments:

Post a Comment